This weeks task is to create a poster for a band, but not just any band. We have been given a band name that is completely made up, so we can represent it anyway we feel suits best. My band name is "Bald Man that Moved", I think I can have a lot of fun with this band name and my initial ideas are leaning towards a blues band who's main member is bald (obviously) and likes to groove. The poster can be drawn by hand and scanned in, but the final result must have been manipulated in photoshop, in order to become more acquainted with the skills and tools needed to use photoshop successfully.
I have been inspired by many different band posters and hope to convey some of the influence I have taken within my own work, in terms of colour, font and technique.
I created a series of thumbnails which helped me with my creative expression and helped me to explore different ideas surrounding the title of my band.
Progress & Experimentation
I have documented my process to show the different design decisions I have made through out the project and the experimentation I have tried with my use of font, background and colour palette.
These are my two final outcomes in response to the brief to design a band poster, using a made up band name. I really enjoyed this project and had a lot of fun experimenting and expanding my photoshop skill set, along side using procreate as they both work using pixels. Overall, I think that both band posters have been successful, but both exude a different style and could be posters for two completely different genres of music. However, I think this is a good thing as it has allowed me to experiment further with colour, design, symbolism and it even comes down to my new found knowledge of how paper texture effects the age of a poster.